Self-discovery is multi-faceted. There are so many aspects that you as an individual will need to work on to attain self-confidence. Self-confidence is the belief in yourself where as self-esteem is knowing that you are valued and mattered. Self-confidence is critical in learning new things and allowing yourself to grow. Both self-confidence and self-esteem can be hindered by many things such as physical appearance, feeling worthless, lack of positive reinforcements or validations. Building yourself up requires you to put in the work.
- Acknowledge and accept that you are a child of God
- Take it one day at a time, put one foot in front of the other
- Start by listing ten positive traits that you love about yourself
- Write out a list of daily affirmations to read out loud every day
- Begin a journal on the positive things in your life, such as things you are grateful for
- Listen to motivational speeches about character building
- Have one or two of your close friends make a list of what they love or admire about you
- Avoid negative influencers around you
- Create some “Me Time,” do something that you love and are passionate about
- Learn how to accept compliments
JUST BEFORE YOU GO…
Building self-confidence is a process; it does not happen overnight. You already took the first step by reading this post. You matter; you deserve it, and you are enough. Don’t forget to embrace your uniqueness and allow your best self to shine through. Everyone has the potential to grow and to be better.
Don’t forget to leave a comment or share your story.
Please Like, Share and Subscribe!